A mezzanine floor is an intermediate floor that is usually built between the two main floors of a building/ warehouse. Due to the structure, it is often not referred to as an additional floor and more like a balcony.
There are many different applications that mezzanine flooring is suitable for. These include but are not limited to:
- Production mezzanine floor.
- Industrial mezzanine floor.
- Office mezzanine floor.
- Warehouse mezzanine floor.
- Storage mezzanine floor.
Advantages of mezzanine flooring
Many advantages of installing a mezzanine floor in your warehouse or building will be bespoke to you as a business. However, there are more general benefits include:
- Will increase the storage and/ or production space in either your warehouse or building.
- Allows you to utilise the vertical space available to you.
- Many systems are fully demountable so will able you to move premise and take your mezzanine flooring with you.
- Cost-effective as it would cost a lot less to install a mezzanine floor than it would to relocate due to the lack of space.
- 100% customisable and therefore the system is designed to your requirements.
The design and installation process
After you have decided that you want to install a mezzanine floor into your warehouse, you will need to think about the design. There are loads of factors that you can incorporate which include:
- Emergency lighting.
- Fire protection.
- Smoke/ fire alarms.
- Relevant safety signs.
- Appropriate passageways.
The above factors are extremely important to consider. This is because without a doubt there will be a high volume of staff occupying the area permanently.
Once you have found the foundations, you will need to contact a company in order to design and install your mezzanine flooring. If you need any help with this, we have a wide variety of companies that we can happily recommend.